Ambleside Bridge House
Ambleside Bridge House, which dates from the 17th century, is so named as it was built over Stock Beck in Ambleside in the Lakes to avoid land taxes.
This quaint house is thought to have been either built for an apple store or summer house for the former Ambleside Hall.
However, another story is that Chairy Rigg lived here with his wife and six children, although with one room up and one room down it is a mystery as to how they all fitted in.
Bridge House was purchased by a group of local people in 1926 and given to the National Trust to care for it.
It became the first information and recruiting centre for the National Trust in 1926 in the country.